Thread: Uh-oh!!! Help!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:45 AM
JCquilts
Banned

Originally Posted by CutNup
Originally Posted by maine ladybug
So, do you have two pieces for the sides that are 10 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches? And then you would need two pieces that are that are 15 inches by 2 1/2 inches for the top and bottom?
Are you saying that the longer ones are only 14 inches? or are both sets too short?
I'm just trying to understand so I might be able to help figure out what to do.
I have cut 2 sides according to directions, and they are too short. After realizing they were too short, I haven't cut the other 2 sides. The fabric is just exactly enough for directions with none extra. the short sides are 9 1/2 in. The pieces I have not cut are 13 1/2 in wide.
There is something wrong with these measurments. There is no way those strips will frame a 10 1/2 inch square but they will fit a 9 1/2 square. Do the directions tell you what size the finished block should be? If you are supposed to have a 13 1/2 block, then you need to trim the square to 9 1/2.

If you are supposed to use the 10 1/2 inch block, then the directions are incorrect. And your strips should be 10 1/2 and 14 1/2 inches. If this is the case, I would contact the store for replacement fabric.