View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Mo_Chride

I get so frustrated with machine quilting.

At the moment I am "trying" to machine quilt a twin sized quilt for my son. I have three more UFOs that are all stalled because of the machine quilting.

The one I am working on at the moment is a blue and white eight point star alternating with a red and white nine patch for a nautical themed room. The backing is a dark to medium blue bumpy minke. I sew with a Husquevarna 425 Fresia so there is no bobbin tension for me to adjust. It was very recently sent to get cleaned and adjusted and hasn't really been sewn with since I have been doing hand applique latey.

The biggest problem (if you have gotten through all that) that I am currently having is getting "nests" of the top thread on the back. I am quilting staight lines currently so am using the walking foot. I get a similar problem when free motion quilting but suspect that in that case I am just moving the quilt too fast. Also, I seem to get the problem almost exclusively in the last third of the bobbin.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? I don't like to waste a third of a bobbin every time.

TIA
Tara