Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by BoJangles
My 127 does not have the shuttle ejector. I didn't know that the 127 ever had a shuttle ejector? I love that 127 -- it is a work horse! Maybe, you should just toss the motor and put in in a treadle -- I love my 127 treadle!
I have not been in the shop for a few days. My little blue chihuahua, Balto, died Saturday. We were not prepared for that -- he was such a sweet little guy and up until Friday he seemed so healthy! It is hard when you love them so much.
Gosh, Nancy, I'm sorry about Balto. Been there too.

My 127 is # Go382989. That 2nd digit, is a slightly smaller 'o' than the numbers. I'm guessing it's a GO... from Scotland. Records lost or unavailable. Oh, and I did look up the G's just in case that 2nd digit was a zero. The singer number list identified that number as an 18 (industrial with the big chrome squareish work surface) from 1911. Okay, so it's NOT that. Not even close.

Regarding that ejector button question: There is a little hatched press button to eject the bobbin holder thing out of the bullet arm. I have been calling that a 'bobbin ejector' but chances are, I'm wrong and it has some really fancy Singer name that Billy and you can tell me. LOL!

This machine has the totally flat face plate with scroll leaves, Sphinx decals, VS2 style bobbin arm swings and two long rectangle cover plates plus a little circular plate over the feed dogs, the trapazoid front acess plate, says The Singer Manufacturing Co. on the top. The casting itself is from the 'B' mold. Bobbin winder up high, spoke chrome wheel, with the decals on the black bobbin winder/belt cover. The motor is a bolt on "Safety" brand, not a Singer motor (and not that really cool chrome retro vented motor we saw a couple pages back! rats). This is the 2nd of the two 127s I have, and this one is not working at the moment.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it at the moment...