Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
lovestosew

Originally Posted by gobygramps5
Hi fellow quilter in Orland Park,
Remember me from a few week's back? I asked if anyone lived near Manhattan Il. You answered that you were from Orland. Just wondering where about in Orland? We moved to Green Garden (Manhattan) from Orland. We lived off 151st and 94th ave. Near the mall (just south of the mall).
I was just wondering if you know of any quilting groups in the area. Top shelf quilts is in Frankfort but the open sew is on day's I work.
Well, just wanted to say hi.
Carol
Hi,

What a small world! We live just north of 151st and West Avenue. ( 4 blocks west of LaGrange). Just a few blocks away! When did you move out of Orland? We have been here 16 years. I wish I knew of some quilting groups out here. I have also been to Top Shelf Quilts in Frankfort once, very nice people.

Have you ever been to B&J Sewing Center in Bourbonnais? I was there only one time. DH works part time at a beauty school out there, and we took a ride out there. It's on La Grange and North Avenue. It's really a nice shop. Kind of small, but a good selection, and really helpful people. I checked their website, http://www.bjsewing.com and they do have open sew.

I know of a few others, but I think they would be far for you to drive.

Diane