Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Kas
Has anyone ever seen a 66 red eye with non metallic decals? I am getting very confused by my latest find. Her date is 1919 due to serial #G7175576. She has the back clamp feet (sort of rusty. How do I remove that?) And her decal under the badge is off center, so part of it is under the badge. The badge itself is sort of a copper color, not brass colored. Any input on this one?
Thats the legit decals and all!!! It looks really nice and that is a Western Electric type of motor popular for a do it yourself conversions offered by the dealers in mail order. Those motors are dangerous as all get out, I know from first hand experience! But it is a neat piece to have!

Billy
Did it zap ya or did your hair get caught in it? :lol: :lol: Yeah, the pics of other ones didn't look too safe. I still can't help wanting it! I did this one kind of backwards, too. I started with the chrome and finish before getting the gunk out of it. It really is pristine compared to Helen. Her pics are in the cleaning your machine tutorial.