Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raksmum
Wow, I would love to be a "beginner" like you. Great job! I just have to admire those of you that do this freehand. I have the frame but am too scared to put it together and put the machine on it. I can't free motion with my domestic so am trying to practice and learn that first before taking the plunge with the long arm.

Keep it up, You are doing a fantastic job!
You never know until you try! I was not very good at FMQ on my DSM either. Here is a link to a pic I posted before I got my LA and was FMQ on my domestic. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54829-1.htm my stitches were irregular and my movement was herky jerky. So look at that and look at now...

I find moving the machine over the quilt is a LOT easier then moving the quilt under the machine needle and a stitch regulator helps so much. I never realized how stressed I was trying to control machine speed and movement at the same time until I didn't have worry about machine speed. If you have the frame set it up! Don't be scared! What is the worst that can happen? You may just find you are good at it!