View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM
sewnserge

Hi everyone! I have been hanging around in here for about 3 or 4 months... Guess it's time to introduce myself. I am a SAHM of 5, only 2 left at home, DH is in process of retiring/moving on to a new opportunity, and we are trying to move to Utah. We currently live in HOT Tucson, AZ, and I am looking forward to seeing grass, tall trees (w/out stickers!!), 4 real seasons, cool weather, pretty bushes and flowers, and NO cactus. sigh. What a whiner! :oops: Anyway, I have been sewing for years. and years. Have a pfaff for general sewing, a serger for quick finishes... and an inexpensive embroidery machine I haven't had the opportunity to use very much, so am still learning...
Just recently accquired two vintage machines, Ellie (a Singer 31-15 industrial machine), and Adah (a Singer model 15 tredle machine). Am still getting both cleaned up and in working order.
Have 4 boys and 1 daughter, plus two delightful daughters-in-law, and 2 incredible granddaughters!! LOVE being grandma!!
I love to read (mysteries, mostly), dabble in crochet and am learning to knit. I do some crafts, and my family has recently taken up shooting as a hobby. Anyway, I am very glad to be here, and have already learned soooo much!! Great site, great ladies (and gentlemen!!), and waaay too much temptation to "buy more fabric, add to your stash, collect vintage machines" etc. I guess I'm just an easy target!!!!! :lol: I have got to stop buying and get sewing!! So -- here we go!!