View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
VernaL

I almost wrote you all yesterday. I had a sad day. My only child was my daughter and she passed away in 2007 from cancer at 46. I always go to the cemetary to leave flowers on her grave. When I got there, there were no other flowers from her husband and children and it made me sad. But, while I was there, they all came up and had flowers and a balloon with a note to her attached. Then they released the balloon into the sky for her. It was good for us all to be together. They brought me a big bouquet too. My husband is my good support, but he had gone fishing for the week, which was okay with me. But, I was sad for most of the day and alone. Today, I am back to doing fine. Quilting has saved the day. When my daughter was in the hospital, I worked on a Hawaiian appliqued and hand quilted quilt. It saved my life. I know you are all there for us and a great group, but I didn't want to be a downer for such a great group. I am really fine today and I'm glad that I knew you were there if I needed you. I hope you all had a GREAT day yesterday.