Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Joanie2

Ok so here's the problem. My son lives in an apartment shared by others. He has a pit bull who is very loving but has claws like most big dogs. While he is at work the dog sleeps on his bed and when he is stretching, etc his claws puts holes in his bed coverings. He's already gone through 2 quilts I made. One of them was given to him when he was 12 (he's now 31). This quilt was made from his denim jeans. The dog slowly destroyed it to the point that it was impossible to keep repairing it. My son called me a bit ago and said he can't keep Hoody off the bed during the day and now his mattress is showing signs of Hoody's claws. He wants to know if I can make some sort of covering that can be placed over the mattress. My first thought was a tarp or something similar that has grommets and he could wrap the mattress side to side and tie underneath it. He said too much noise. Does anyone out there have any similar problems or any ideas on how to solve his problem? Hoody is 11 and was a rescue dog that my son has had for 8 yrs. Getting rid of the dog is not an option and unfortunately my son is not in a position to get a larger place. He lives in the heart of San Francisco. Rents are high and back yard space is scarce in his area. Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. Thanks.