View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 AM
olebat

Who is the target audience? If this is a community wide event, a mixer would be a good thing. A paper scavenger hunt (don't collect anything, just gather information) with a list of things people are apt to be making, or methods being used (DP9, string quilt, place mat, landscape, paper piecing, etc.) Leave a blank line and a few check blocks. Line for the name of the person doing the project; check boxes for, I'd like to learn this, I can do this, I could teach this, I learned from this person. I took a photo. Perhaps the next line down could have a place for info exchange, phone & e-mail. When their hunt is completed, they can show it to the hostess, who in turn will put their name in the hopper for the hunt prize. They can keep their paper.

I've been to events & never really got to know anyone other than the handful of guild regulars. Not everyone makes it to the meetings, so I like to wander about and peek, (or stare). Something like this would be better than tossing a beach ball and calling a name. Mixing with multiple end results, at a person's own time, throughout the weekend.

Speaking of hostess - volunteers who work for two or 4 hour shifts, so that everyone, including you, can enjoy time for sewing, and dyeing.