View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Hi all - I am currently in England, hoping to head up to Scotland eventually. Yesterday afternoon (same day we landed in Manchester) my husband took a tumble down a grassy slope and landed face-first on a gravelly path. We spent several hours at the hospital getting X-rays, care for his cuts and scrapes on face, hands, and knees, concern about his concussion, etc. He was foggy-thinking for an hour or more, didn't remember wy we were in England or recognize the people we were with. It was worrisome, and I thought we might have to come back home sooner than expected, but he was feeling somewhat better this morning, so we've decided to find a restful hotel to stay a few nights and not attempt to see the sights until he's more steady on his feet. When I checked email this morning I had several requests for patterns from members of the board. I think I answered all the pm's, but just wanted to say that I do have patterns available, but will not be able to send them out until we get back home June 7. I haven't figured out yet why there were so many requests all of a sudden, so clue me in if you know what caused the sudden interest.

To answer the original question, I think scrappy would be great. I have wanted to do one that way, probably using the same color in each ring but with different fabrics, but another way would be to make each diamond in one color, or just go scrappy all over. As long as it's done with keeping value in mind, I think it would look great. But then I really love scrappy quilts.