Old 05-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Miz Johnny

FWs are still going for fairly high prices (as compared to other vintage machines.) $485 for a machine in great condition, complete (case, attachments, manual, etc.) and table is not out of line.

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
I recently saw a FW in a sewing machine store. Checked it out & the Singer badge was extremely off-colored - brassy not silver. Talked with the repairman at the shop. He quoted me a price of $399.99 and a steal at that. Playing along, I asked about the badge's color and then he said it was a reproduction FW but the pricee was solid - just like he'd charge for an original. Now this FW was black and looked like the real deal minus the badge. So, I'm wondering if this shop is as upfront with all it's customers or just with those who have some knowledge. I just couldn't believe the price for a reproduction.
Chris you think that price was crazy we went to an antique flea market over the weekend and a man there had a fw. He had the machine, case and the fw table he was asking $585.00 and came down to 485 and wouldn't come down any more. He kept saying they are hard to come by. We didn't tell him we had several of them. Another lady said she has sold them from time to time for about 200 or 220.00 depending on the condition. We got her phone number to call her later.