View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 05:08 PM
dd

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I've made a few. Some the old fashion way of needle turning and hand embroidered around each piece.

Then I've also made some with steam-a-seam 2 and machine embroidered. I always use the double-stitch stitch that looks like hand embroidery. I can't find a better photo of this one yet. It was a quilt I made for QFK's a couple years ago.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...04868067eCngTm

I've enjoyed both ways really. It all depends on what type of time you have and how profiecent you are with a needle.

How are you thinking of using a glue stick? Just to hold it down while you are sewing instead of pins? It should work I guess.

I'll look up some photos of my other sunbonnets and post them also. I love Sunbonnet Sue's.
I like yours with the embroidery in the background. Did you think that up yourself or did you have something to go by.

As for the glue stick, I just thought I remembered seeing something on TV before but couldn't remember what it was. Guess if you just glued close to the middle it would be ok otherwise it would get all over your needle, wouldn't it?