View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 06:56 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by oksewglad
I don't know how I missed this one! I will not show it to my DH! He'd want me to do one of our Guernseys. Don't think I would be up for this type of work! And I sew with 3/4" pieces once in a while! Great job, a beautiful rendition of an Excellent cow.
aha! I can talk cow with you .... you can pass the word to DH that yes, she was an Excellent cow and a show winner too ... at 5yo, won her class as well as Best Bred and Owned. Go for it and do one of your Guernseys .......... and if you work in 3/4" pieces, this would be a piece of cake!

I'm hoping that this version will go to the Fair or two this year, and will also be a Class Winner!!!!
I have a feeling it will be. Unlike the real thing she won't change from day to day! LOL We don't do a lot of showing. GK's are just starting 4-H so will be hitting the Tanbark Trail (or portions of it) over the next few years as we did when ours were in 4-H.
On the 21st we appraise cows through the AGA. Hoping to raise a 90 pt cow to 92 or more. Who knows? She's at her bloom stage right now too. Nice to have someone here who understands "cow" regardless of breed!
WOW ... you get lots of advance notice. Here we only get a call the night before, rarely two nights before. Good Luck on the re-scoring! At times we sold cattle that went to your State!!

Are you all Guernseys? We were 1/2 Holstein and 1/2 Jerseys!!

And meanwhile the non-cow/farm people are thinking .... what the heck is going on here? :)
PM'd you!