View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
rahaube

I would like to share a what I have been doing the past couple of weeks. The first quilt is one I made for a friend who is the wife of a pastor and has cancer. The centers of each block has a scripture verse which is meant to be comforting and uplifting. The others were all put in the mail today to my daughter who is doing an arts and crafts show on Saturday where all the proceeds form her booth will go to the Out of Darkness Walk for education and prevention of suicide. My daughter will be joining this walk for the second time this year. It is an 18 mile overnight walk. Each participant has to raise at least $1000 in donations, etc. She has reached her $1000 and is striving for two but the proceeds from this sale will go towards her best friends $1000. Her best friend plans to join her in the walk this year. My daughter lost her daughter, my only granddaughter to suicide at the age of 16 so this cause is near and dear to my heart. I may have to submit these in more than one post. Not sure if I know how to use "Add New attachment" link.

Round table topper pieced as a 9 patch -9 patch then cut , quilted and bound
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195588[/ATTACH]

Snippets and broidery purse raw edge applique wall hanging with free hand machine embroidery and free motion quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195604[/ATTACH]

Hand appliqued and hand quilted, embellished with button animals
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195605[/ATTACH]

Comfort quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195618[/ATTACH]

I spy quilt with pocket of cards on back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195619[/ATTACH]

Table runner paper pieced on 6 1/2 inch yellow pages squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195620[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-195582.jpe   attachment-195598.jpe   attachment-195599.jpe   attachment-195612.jpe   attachment-195613.jpe  

attachment-195614.jpe