Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 PM
PJisChaos

I can't believe I am so late to this new "addiction", boy have I got a lot of catching up to do to be on par with all ya'll!

I have spent all day taking "Black Betty" apart, cleaning her, cussing her, putting her back together, cussing her some more, and finally a nice oiling.

I may have cussed her some more then too, I am not sure now. :-)
Then spent an hour or so screaming at the bobbin, wondering how in the hel.. heck does this work. Finally, got to some sewing on her. First time treadling and, I tell ya what... I am in LOVE!! This is so awesome.

Even after all that, I would never do the bookends thing. Holy crow, are ya kidding me?? I am gonna get a small shadow box to put some of the things I found in the drawers from the previous owner though. Kinda corny but, hey that's me.

Billy, I do want to say many thanks for all your great tutes and I hope things get settled down a bit for ya to enjoy a few hours in that hot tub ya was on about. I believe without your tutes, I would still be sitting here just dreaming about actually using her. You are an incredible soul, so I tip my hat to ya!