View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Blackberry

About a month ago, I purchased an older's ladies sewing room that was listed on Craig's List for $25. Well, I have finally gotten thru all of the boxes. I have organized all of the yardages, and have cut many, many various sizes of squares. There were lots of upholstery samples which I could not use. I have taken several bags of material which i could not use such as silks, laces, taffetas, etc to the Thrift Store along with lots of small pieces of batting. I still have 3 big bags of batting pieces which are large enough for small quilts, potholders,etc. This was a major project just sorting thru all of the various small pieces of fabric, then pressing, then cutting into squares. I have plenty of cut pieces to make a large number of lapthrows. There were also some cute knicknacks along with a pair of very unique dangle sewing earrings. Anyway, here are some pictures of this purchase.

I used some of the fabrid to make these outfits for the Fisher Price My Friend Dolls which I donate to Ronald McDonald House
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195781[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-195773.jpe   attachment-195774.jpe   attachment-195775.jpe