View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM
grammysharon

This is a quilt a few of us made for our pastor and his wife for their 25 years with our church. He is senior pastor and his wife is in charge of music. Both very talented. We were told in January that we would be holding a celebration in June or July so we thought we had plenty of time to make a quilt with all the members signing a square. Then the bomb was dropped that it would be before Easter. Oh no, now what??? Ok we thought we would make a small wallhanging with two trees intertwined to represent them and make leaves to represent each family name.
This is how it turned out. My friend Dianne drew the trees from a small pattern she had and also did all the machine embroidered letters. I appliqued the trees, sewed on the border and did the quilting. Another friend Diane O wrote all the names on the leaves and we worked a couple of days to get all the names on. What made this so fun is everything was kept secret. We had two days of celebrations, starting with a small dinner on Friday night, "This is your life" on Saturday for the community and Sunday for the church. Great fun. Sorry I have gone on so long!! I wasn't going to share but thought you might be interested. They were blown away.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-195777.png   attachment-195778.png