View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Rose L

I think the blocking is going to work out. My quilt is throw size and I pinned it to a king sized mattress (a hard one). As I was working with the quilt top I could see that I did have some blocks that although square when dry, it was obvious that they had some poof in the centers. Using starch I was able to smooth them out and get them to lay flat. My quilt is pinned square with one tiny two inch stretch that I can not get about a quarter inch of to stretch enough but over all it did stretch the entire two inches. If you are ever faced with this challenge, be prepared, I used over two boxes of straight pins to pin down the edges on this throw sized quilt top. I was also able to see that the problem was not only with the pulling from sewing all the rows on the bias but because the top was then wonky the borders were not even either which added to the problem. Next time I'll check for square before I add any borders instead of waiting until the whole top is pieced. What a learning experience!! Thank you again, everyone, for all your help and words of wisdom, it so very much appreciated.