Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 AM
ajohn52

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I've used this idea for years and my 1/4" are consistently accurate with fast sewing. The 'depth'/height of the full pad allows a wall or barrier of sorts for the fabric to "butt up" against so you are not eyeballing the edge of your foot or a piece of tape, or a bunch/rolled rubber band.

The sticky notepad I use is about 1.5"x2".

I use a rubber band to hold the pad because the metal of the throat plate doesn't stick it very well. I use it all the way around the swing arm of the machine, going under the edge of the extension table of my Bernina, and just move it aside when I change my bobbin. The band I use is a wide one from broccoli or celery stalks.

Sometimes the presser foot has a rear end that is wider than the front of the foot. In this case I move the needle position over to the right to create a 1/4" seam that accomodates the different placement of the notepad along the rear width of the foot.

Jan in VA
Why not just use the wide rubber band and forget the note pad? I would think the rubber band would be thick enough to butt the material against.