View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:06 PM
spartan quilter

I saw a tutorial this past week, posted by athenagwis, on "paper piecing with freezer paper" without sewing through the paper. I am going to do the quarter block log cabin and make a "thinking outside the box", but have been slow getting started, because I am not good at doing a log cabin. Just can never get my strips uniform. Well, I practiced this method this afternoon, and it worked. So, getting back to the title of this topic. I found that folding on the line, was another challenge to me. :thumbdown:

So, to be sure that I was folding right on the line, I dug in my sewing stuff and came up with this old device, which I think is called a tracing wheel. I placed it on my paper, on the line with a straight edge ruler, and ran the tracing wheel down it, therefore perforating the paper, making it easier to fold. I remember using it as a teen, marking patterns onto the material with carbon paper

The second picture is the scrappy block that I did, to see how hard it would be. I am so ready to cut my real material and get going now. But, I am off to take care of grandkids, so it will have to wait a few days. Also, I should get some other projects finished, before starting another. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I believe this is a tracing wheel, and it worked well to mark my lines for folding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196247[/ATTACH]

This is my practice block, and now I can hardly wait to start on the real thing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196248[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-196241.jpe   attachment-196242.jpe