Old 05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
HanNatNana

Originally Posted by chergram
hi I see all the great buys you guys find i did not get that great a deal but bought my feather weigh 221 for 80 dollars at a pawn shop had to replace bobbin winder it was broke off get bobbin belt power cord and belt pulley and had it oiled and stitch it works great now but in the end it cost me 258.00 but have always wanted one and told my children after i had bought the machine that could be my mothers day preset so they had it fixec for me am very happy with it but want to buy some extra bobbins for it can someone tell me where to buy thanks
I bought some Singer bobbins from Brubakers and even with postage to Australia they were much cheaper than I can buy here and they have a good reputation with one of the Janome groups. <brubakerssewing.com> or phone 1-800-466-7315 They are located in PA. Six bobbins cost $5.00 + postage, they also had larger quantities but I only wanted a few metal ones for the Singer 99 because living on the coast I find metal bobbins usually rust and for that reason I normally use plastic ones, which don't really seem right in the old girl!! LOL

As usual, I'm not affiliated in any way and only recommend sellers who've given good service.

Bronwyn ;-)