Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 AM
hoppa

Originally Posted by Jennalyn
Originally Posted by hoppa
I received my swap from Didi a couple of days ago. Sorry I did not get a chance to post before today. She sent some wonderful batiks, a cutebear pin that says secret pal, gears for steampunk art and other cool stuff for my mixed media art. Thank ou Didi for a wonderful pkg.

Hoppa

Steampunk art... grats, you have just inspired me to go and stalk through your past posts in hopes of finding pictures. I looooove me some steampunk! I'm actually going to the Steampunk World Fair in New Jersey later this month. Can't wait! :D
THerea re no pics. I also do mixed media art besides quilting. Steampunk art is the use of gears and watch parts is what many use in combination with other mediums. How would it be used for quilting well not for traditionalists but more for a 3 dimensional art quilt that would be totally out of the box and breaking all the rules. I saw a quilt at a LQS that was #D with flowers and right away I saw scu;pted faces in those flowers. Could take it to the next level amd add gears and chains and watch parts but would not go with flowers would need to find a better pattern. But sort of gives you an idea. Sharon Anne if you google steam punk art you will see lots of ideas it is a hot trend right now.

Hopp