View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
hudgoddess

I wanted a super quick and easy baby quilt for a shower next week, and I remembered this technique for putting a pattern inside chenille. This was my first try at it, and I'm SO happy with the way it turned out! I laid out one layer of pink and the red-folded them in half, draw a half heart freehand and cut it out. Then I pulled out the pink heart and the red background leaving the red heart and pink background that nestled perfectly together. You don't even need to stitch them together! Smoothed them out between two other layers of pink, another layer of pink on top, then a pale purple on top and bottom for a total of 6 layers of flannel. I channel stitched and slashed every half inch.
This is REALLY heavy-will probably be better as a play mat/rug. Next time, I might go with fewer layers if I want it as a blanket. But honestly, I'm thinking I might make rugs for everyone for Christmas this year! I wish you could see the texture-it's so awesome!

This turned out about 38x38. Start out 4 inches bigger than you want because it'll shift even with pins and a walking foot!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196500[/ATTACH]

This is after 2 rounds in the washer-dryer. I want to see it in 6 months!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196501[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-196494.jpe   attachment-196495.jpe