Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by irishrose
The little blonde cabinet I bought today for $1 is by Sears and Roebuck in that limed finish popular in the late 50s. Very modern looking. The opening is 16 3/4 by 7 3/8. The hinges are 9 1/2" on center so the 128 would fit, but it's not a good cabinet for her. Too top heavy on the spindly legs. I'm thinking I need to build a platform inside for the 301. The tan 301 with it's straighter lines would be a better fit cosmetically, too. Fun and games.
I agree with you the 128 is a heavy bugger and the 301 would look better in the blonde cabinet. The fitting issue of the 301 would not be much of a problem. Glenn
So true. The blonde cabinets do look better with the Oyster/tan/mocha machines-IMHO. My MIL has a black 99k in a blonde cabinet...that just looks odd to me. Funny.

Irishrose... sounds like a cool idea. Yes, the 301 mounting plate is great in the Singer cabinets, cause you can click the 301 in and out so easily. But what you're doing is just as if! Lift, encase and go...

Actually, I just put my 301 up in my old Kenmore Desk sewing cabinet. I found that both the 301 and the 403 fit in the opening (there already IS a shelf under there). Nice. I can swap out all the machines, well... the newer ones anyways.