View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Surfergirl

Originally Posted by gal288
Originally Posted by Surfergirl
Peg, I'm about to start working on the 12 inner border blocks and I noticed the flowers and leaves are a lot larger than on the 4 inner corner blocks, which has 3 very small flowers and leaves. I just want to make sure this is correct before I begin...
Love your block, folded rosebud came out great!

Yes, you are right, the flowers are larger, tried to make it easier for everyone, the others were too small. I don't think it will matter, but if you want to redo the corners I can send you a larger file.

Go ahead and make up the 12 blocks as is, and we can determine if the corners look too small later. They are 4-1/2" square, compared to the side which will be 4-1/2 x 6-1/2.

Keep up the good work, love seeing all the beautiful blocks.

Off subject, I was thinking of hosting a Rose of Sharon Swap.

What is everyone's opinion. Ran it by Patrice, she said to put it together and send it to her for approval. I want to be sure there will be enough people interested, we would need at least 12 to come up with a wallhanging size and 24 to do a bed size.

I'm thinking signup by June 30, blocks due 8/15 and mailed by 9/1.

Let me know everyone, either post here or send me a PM with your ideas.
Thanks so much, Peg, I will make the 12 inner border blocks and see how they match up...can always redo the other 4 corner blocks. I might be interested in doing the Rose of Sharon swap, but would only be able to do machine applique' (I'm assuming it will be applique').