View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:46 AM
crafty_linda_b

My daughter bought me one of these machine right before Christmas and it only lasted about 3 months..the tension is messed up on mine and I can't get it adjusted. The top thread looks perfect when I sew..but if I turn it over and look at the bottom thread it looks like it is on zig zag stitch? I am not pleased with it at all. Mine was a demo and we bought it off of eBay and it had no warranty. We only paid $150 including the S/H for it and the local repair guy wants $79 to look at it? SO I have 'parked' it for now. I had a different brother machine for several years and it worked like a charm. I had bought it at walmart for $129. How long have you owned yours? Any possibility you could return it? I know Bernina has a promo going on now that they will allow you $250 trade in on any machine of $1000 or more. Plus 24 month finanacing interest free. The gal at my LQS told me that when I was there for Sat stitchers the 1st part of this month. I am considering taking mine and trading it in for a new Bernina.
Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b