View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:03 AM
thequiltmama
Banned

Very sad. I guess the only positive spin I can put on it is....maybe then someone less fortunate was able to afford a wonderful warm quilt they couldn't have afforded otherwise.
Sorry, I wouldn't feel that way but just trying to help. :( It would break my heart too. :( Or maybe it is so special she tucked it away to preserve it from getting wrecked?

Although I have found, people who don't make quilts often don't understand how much love we put into them. But even if she did donate it then at least it will get an owner who will appreciate it. :)
Originally Posted by JulieTN
Last month I heard a story that like to broke my heart. A Mother-in-Law (to be) gave the Bride as down Filled beautiful quilt she had made just for the couple.

While she is at their home regularly etc, she has never ever seen it again. Her daughter-in-law gave several wedding gifts she didn't like to Goodwill! After hearing this, guess who thinks Goodwill got the quilt!?

Make SURE a person/s receving a quilt you have made truly would like it. Nothing would hurt like having your gift tossed away.

Julie