Thread: Lancaster, PA
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Quilter54

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by Quilter54
A few weeks ago I told you I was going to Lancaster. I only had Friday & Saturday of last weekend but it was one of the best two days I've had. It was so beautiful with everything in bloom. The dogwood trees were gorgeous. And of course their were the quilt shops. I got to go to: Log Cabin Quilt Shop, The Quilt & Fabric Shack, Bitty Kinna's, Zook's, The Old Country Store, Obie's (pictures attached-what a place, but fun), Goods, Sauder's, Burkholders, Weavers & PA Fabric outlet. Pa fabric outlet was mostly upholstery but did have a little quilting fabric. I of course bought fabric in everyone of them but one. Mostly to finish up projects & quite a bit of tone on tone. Definitely my newest favorite spot to go.
I live about 15 minutes from Obies. I was in there once, never again. I kept trying to picture myself trapped in the basement with all that fabric on top of me. You couldn't browse if you wanted to, and she has no space to cut the fabric; I was just SOOOO grossed out by that place! All the other places are great. Did you go to the Hayloft Fabrics in Morgantown? That is my LQS!
You mean there was a basement? I did imagine my life flash before me if the place caught on fire. I actually found a few things there & they were very very generous with the cutting. One piece is almost an extra yd. & one was over an extra half yd. If you were in a hurry you sure wouldn't want to go. It takes a while. I didn't go to the Hayloft Fabrics but if I had known or been told about it I'm sure I would have.