Old 05-13-2011, 02:40 PM
vintagemotif

[quote=PJisChaos]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Ok, here is what I got so far on it. The brown fabric is the 1" inner border, then the colored squares with the spool block for the corners make the outer border. Then brown again for binding. It still needs the spool ends appliqued on to the thread spools along with the thread & needle embroidered on each machine.
This was made with a FQ bundle I just *had to buy* because it was on sale for $4, even though it's kind of an ugly pack IMHO.

Like I said, it was all made on my "new" treadle as a learn-how-she-works kinda thing. So, it fits in this thread.. right ;-)

**Here's a tip for anyone it may help**
I also found a solution to more of the bobbin winding problems I was having. The make-shift boot string belt just wasn't thick enough to grab the teeth to wind it properly. So, off to the Wal~Mart for aquarium hose I went and then hopped over to Lowe's for a dowel rod.
This worked wonders, let me tell all ya'll. Now couple that with the great video link and I am all set.

I just love this place and all the great people here. :thumbup:
Cute! That would look very nice in a sewing room with a couple of vintage machines on bookcase as well as a couple of treadles. Thanks for posting. I'm always looking for ideas and love to see what others have done.

Interesting substitute for the treadle belt. I read somewhere of a person that uses aquarium hose for their treadle belts.
So, how well does it work?