Old 05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
cabinfever

Originally Posted by marybs
Wow! Thanks for the help! What is the clip you used to keep it all together once wrapped?
I am not the OP but have been giving this some thought. The bolt buddies look nice for big bolts, but why not jumbo bobbie pins (the ones that are coated); work well for me from the $1 store. Or try plastic coated paper-clips for the small 1yd. & under bolts. I found I had a few odd things in my sewing room junk drawer...how about those cotter-pin shaped plastic clips you get on clothes sometimes from the store? For hardware they are also called R-clips or split pins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-clip, or search generally for "plastic clip" in "images" for ideas.
There are a lot of things we throw away all the time that would work. And there are many of the unusual plastic clips @ the office supply stores, or in the hair accessories area.

I also thought a recent post on how to label the fabrics offered many ideas. One I liked: iron on a piece of freezer paper & write on the paper; you can re-stick it again & again & note yardage remaining. No pins, no tape residue. Thanks to whomever posted this.

All kinds of free plastic clips that may be on clothing we buy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196595[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-196589.jpe