Old 05-14-2011, 04:57 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by olebat
Pat, Pat, Pat.
I feel good.
The last couple of days have been spent trying to de-gunk and fee the newly acquired 201. It was like digging out dried play dough. Then, I had a devil of a time getting the ring back under the springs on the bobbin race, after having removed it to clean petrified lint. While the oil worked on the 201, I worked on routine maintenance on a couple of 66's, oil, lube, mostly tension adjustments. Even mended a lab coat on one of the 66's. Finally replaced the belt on the Domestic Fiddle Base, and fished miles of thread from the hub and top of the Pitman, and re-oiled it. Back to the 201, it wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread. Lunch. Trouble shoot the needle – yep, in sideways. Fixed. Minor tension adjustments . . . and it sews like a pro. Wow. That's another 4 machines in good working order now.

Started maintenance logs and inventory cards on all of them. Feet for one 66, bobbin winding tire for the other, feet for the Domestic, fix-it-kit and oil for each one of them, ink well for the 201 cabinet. I almost feel organized. Nap time deserved, but scrubbed, need to transfer the tag for my new vehicle. Night at the dinner theater with friends, and PLAY TIME TOMORROW!!!

Whoop, whoop, Pat, Pat.
Pat you are so organized! Geeze, it seems you just have all your ducks in a row -- there are days I feel completely out of whack! It is nice to read a post like this! Inspires me to try harder to keep organized, but with my horse life I am always getting curve balls and my organized life goes out the window!

Nancy