Old 05-14-2011, 07:57 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by jtapp9
http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-401A-401-...item1e62c3e570

Do you think this is worth $125. I offered $100 and he counter offered. I don't really mind that price but then the shipping is $37.

I really wanted the 500 but from what I'm reading the only difference is the looks...this is still cheaper than the 500's and I can learn to live without the space age look..lol
I love my 503a -- love the looks of it and everything about it, but the bobbin winder -- and I got mine at a barn sale for $10 (pictured page 683)! Those old girls have really been coming up in price now that people have 'discovered' that machine! I only use mine for decorative stitches, but love the machine!

Nancy
I like the 503, too. Pretty cool machine. I wonder why your bobbin winder doesn't work right. I can see how it could be a pain in the butt... Is the spring still there and installed correctly? Does it have the right tire? Are you stringing it according to the manual? Once we got hers figures out, the 503 I gave to my DIL winds very nice. I guess you could always wind it on something else though. Details.