View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 01:57 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Thanks everybody!! Thank you, QuiltE, for that great idea of the calendar on the back! I loved the rust calico I chose for the back to coordinate color scheme with the front. I thought of using the 'hearts and arrows with the year' at the bottom to use as mini holder for the top! It would've been the right touch! But anyway, here's a pic of the back:
It'll be fun to see the numbers show up in another quilt and how you will use them. I wonder when the same days of months repeat? Could be something fun for that year! :)

Great idea that you had ... and now we'll all be looking around for our collector tea towels that we stashed because we didn't know what to do with them!! :)
In answer to your question when the years repeat, I think it's every 11 years it changes so this calendar will be good to use in 2014. I looked up the year '75 to find it. Here's the link:

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...ry=1&year=1975

I always thought that the calendar changed every 11 years but according to this site, it's 38 years. Well, 2011's calendar will be the same in 2022 so that's 11 years. Anyway, it will be lots of fun using these old numbers in a quilt. I think they will blend perfectly with all those selvage edges I've been saving, mixed in 'week by week,' haha. (one week on one selvage, another week with another selvage). Yes, it's time ladies to dig thru our oldies and put them to good use! What good are they doing laying in the moth balls? I just can't wait to use all the numbers in something! I know you all will have fun digging through the old linens to add new life to and the sequined calendars would be beautiful as blocks! Can't wait to see what everyone does with them! I just finished looking at your 3 quilts real quick and they are just adorable! Those sheep are so cute and love all 3, especially your avatar! Thank you sooo much, QuiltE!! You have great ideas!!

:-D :-D :-D