Old 05-14-2011, 03:03 PM
candi

I saw a pattern for a small size crazy quilt in a magazine (Quick and Easy Quilting, June 2000) and thought it was the perfect way to wet my feet with crazy quilting. It took me a while finding the collection of fancy whites I used (a couple of board members sent me some--thanks Dotty and Rae-- and then I purchased some on Etsy). It was a big difference for me from using cottons and regular piecing but tons of fun, I enjoyed the experience and got to use many of my machine decorative stitches and I used metallic thread for the first time with absolutely no problems. Like I said, it was a most enjoyable experience in every aspect, I can see myself going crazy again and again :mrgreen:

The quilt measures about 20 by 30, and I layered it and quilted as I was decorating, so I was done before I knew it. :lol: When my husband saw the background I was working on, he commented that it looks like a bunch of wedding dresses cut out into pieces and then put together :P When I started appliqueing the flowers, he said I should call this quilts 'Wedding Flowers," and so it is.

Thanks all for looking.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-197015.jpe   attachment-197016.jpe   attachment-197017.jpe