View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

N2ScrapLvr "... we all stashed these lovelies away because we can't part with them (!), but we need to bring them out and display them in some way and somehow on something! Those embroidered pillowcases are too precious to hide away in a closet somewhere! And the tea towels could be given new life in a unique quilt just like the one you read about. I think about the girl with the Etsy shop making adorable birdhouses out of vintage fabrics! They were so irrisistible when she got done with them. These tea towel parts could be used the same way! Happy repurposing to you! Hope you can bring out the best of your lovelies!"

I think we kept them because we were keeping them for "good"! Just like the china dishes that many of us had and only kept for company. I have lots of dishes now and keept buying old ones as I see them ... I do use them!

The linens ... I've been saying I am going to pitch out all my old tea towels and start using the new now old but unused embroidered ones .... now you're making me think not! Keep them for a quilt or wall hanging or?

The pillowcases ... I probably didn't use them as that meant wrinkled cottons ... unless I ironed and that was not a passion for me! :)