View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 08:47 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
mine is a tortie lalac point, she's such an awesome friendly girl, we rescued her because she was being neglected, and the original owners were going to kill her. She's the most lovable girl I could ever imagine, and it's hard to believe somebody wouldn't want her. She's tiny tiny, about 5 lbs, and she's about 3 or 4 years old now.
I don't know how people can do that sort of thing. And good job for taking her in! :-) Siamese have the most awesome personalitys. Would love to see a picture of yours if possible.

This wee girl we have has a horrific heart murmur and probably shouldn't be alive. The breeder fought like a madwoman to keep her alive when she was born, supplement feeding, etc, not realising that nature was probably right. The only sign something was wrong was her size, she was so much smaller than the others, but it was assumed she was just a runt.

She didn't have the heart to have her euthanased once the murmur was discovered, the kitten had so much courage and spirit. She was first into the food bowls, would quite happily push her siblings aside so she got the best teat, and was the first to storm round the house climbing furniture and getting into mischief! She has a couple of other issues, but she's not suffering or in any pain, so as long as she wants to live she can stay here and be spoiled rotten. There's not much that can be done for her medically, it's just a matter of time. But she's loving her life, and she's happy, what more could you want really. :-)