View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 AM
jad1044

I quilt for fun of course, but usually with a person in mind whom I'm making the quilt for - I have not kept one qult I've made yet, but hope to someday get quilts for my entire family done and then I'll make one for myself; but in the middle of all the quilts for everyone else, I want to make an indian design quilt for my better half; he loves indian designs and animals relating to the indian world - and slowly I've grown a stash for that purpose; I even have the indian chief for part of it... thus, I consider the quilt partially for me too. But, I love flowers, and will probably make a flower garden quilt - in shadow boxes. Black/gray will outline each "window" of flowers. I did one quilt with only black sashing around the flowers and I used 25 different kinds of flowers in that quilt - so one or the other; I have the fabric, just need the time. It's tough living on the farm and still being active in outside life occasionally and keep up with my hobby too. There is always tons of other work that needs tending to in between the work and the "fun".