View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:44 AM
jad1044

I've got enough fabric to last me a lifetime, but if I need some special color(s) I order online; several favorite fabric shops online sell for much less, and I love their fabric; I've never been disappointed, and until it gets too outrageous that is where I'll get my fabric. I don't patronize our fabric shops with thier high priced fabric. I know we should, to keep them in business, but I say, they are driving some of their business away by being greedy about raising prices to the extreme; I doubt they'd have to go as high as they are to meet expenses, and still have some going into the kitty. Just my thoughts;

It relates to my having worked in the restaurant business too. I did the ordering; I saw the wholesale prices of food ordered in. The restaurants of today, charge prices that are astronomical, and if anyone cooks at home, you know it does not cost huge dollars to feed a family if you relate to what you'd pay for that dinner in a restaurant, taking into consideration, the cooking, help, lights, heat, etc.

Where is this going to end? We are being priced out of reach for it becoming anything near normal again in our lifetime. Maybe someday things will straighten out - but I doubt our generation as we are here on this board will see it happen.