Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 AM
malindaann

Wanting to see some quick progress in my self-training, and with the help of a few "quilt angels" on this board, I studied up on some online tutorials, got a little fabric together, and jumped into some of those really cool "shortcut" type of blocks that help you achieve beautiful results with less heartache, time, and skill :-D. So, after many hours of Jenny with the Missouri Quilt Company, Sharyn Craig, and a few others, I was able to create a couple pinwheel variations, a DP9, and a set of Sharyn's "Layer Em Up" (which I now want to buy her book!). Colors weren't matched up, etc. Goal was to get good contrast to understand how the pieces may move around. All not perfect but these were practice to keep as reference until I feel good about how to do this all. I tried a little FMQ but decided what happens in FMQland stays there right now. Thanks again, the encouragement and support from this board is amazing. I am looking forward to being able to help a new quilter one day soon myself.

10 Min, Pinwheel & DP9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197249[/ATTACH]

Layer Em Up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197250[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-197243.jpe   attachment-197244.jpe