View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Rettie V. Grama

All your comments re: Civil War were very interesting. There is a CW museum near me. One day I must visit it. My Great Grandfather was active in that war. As for the price of fabric, I wait until Hobby Lobby has a 40% off sale. It usually lasts 4/5 days. If I need or want fabric, I go every day and buy 1 item (at least 5 yards) and get 5 yards of $6.99 per yard fabric for just over $4.00 a yard. Now, another item re: Fabric. Some one last week mentioned that Wal-Mart has fabric back in their store. That mention was about hanging fabric, 2 yards for $7.00. I went there yesterday to check it out. It wasn't even in the fabric department, but in the crafts department, folded and in a plastic bag. I did not open one, but seeing the texture reminded me of a texture half ways between good cotton and burlap. It was $10.00 for the 2 pieces. The only thing that was $7.00 were apron and doll kits and flannel kits, also low texture. So, back to the fabric department, I really wasn't shopping for fabric, but found a large table with fabric $2.00 a yard. Since I make crib quilts, I bought a nursery rhyme panel and one yard of a design that I thought would be good for my Pot Holder trade when next I post it. My thought is that Advertisements surely can be misleading.