View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Angie

I have been reading your ideas and comments for a few months and decided to join. I started quilting a little of a year ago. I decided to make my grandson a quilt, it was from a kit and I struggled through and did an O.K. job for winging it. The internet was my best friend for "quilting terms". Fussy what? My granson LOVES it. I then decided to take some classes. The first class I took was a sampler class and I learned some things from that first class that would have helped me tremendously in my grandson's quilt. LIKE the importance of 1/4" seams?! In my class I made 25, 15" blocks and have them all put together, I have the short stripping quilted, and half of the long stripping. I just need to make the chip border and bind it. All the while I have made six rag quilts, a set of placemats, a watercolor wall hanging. I am working on another watercolor wall hanging, an applique bird wall hanging, an applique train quilt (for my grandson), and a birdhouse BOM. Oh, and I want to try the Mariner's Compass. Sorry so long winded, but.......... :D