Thread: Marriage
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I have a handicapped DH and his problems are brain related. so I get so frustrated with him. I have to stop and draw up a column in my mind of his good points when I get so angry at him. Find the things about your spouse you love. My
DH never takes the last of anything without asking me if I want it or share it. He is always willing to fetch for me and often goes and does something for me like bring me a pop or a plate of food without my asking.

But when he hurts my feelings and I get so angry because he doesn't believe me about something I tend to lose sight of why I think he is a wonderfull man I have to stop and remind myself he is not an alcoholic he is not a womanizer he is not a lot of things that could be worse than what he is.

Winsum I hope you can find and remember the good things about your honey. We as humans have a tendency to hang on to the bad and we need to make the effort to find the good and let go of the bad!! It is a work in progress and always will be!

We both come from families that believe divorce is never the answer so we have struggled through some pretty tough times when it would have been so easy to walk out. We used to threaten to leave every time we had a fight. But we never did it. Even went so far as to pack. But we both deep down were committed to this marriage and don't believe in divorce.

We have been together for 36 years and really do love each other. But sometimes when you fight you wonder why you stay! That is natural I guess but it is a choice I would never take. I made my choice 36 yrs ago! I promised for good or bad and I will honor that always!

When we were married 2 yrs my DH had a head injury accident and was in a coma and my MIL told me if I was going to leave him do it while he didnt know about it! I had no desire to leave him but she thought I would since he was on the point of dying! She didn't know how tenacious I can be! LOL