Thread: Avatar Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 03:13 PM
palandrum

Originally Posted by dunster
Well I was born in Texas but not raised there (after the age of 5) so I guess that's why I've never seen embroidered toilet paper. How in the world do you do it??? I would use that avatar just to stir up mischief.
Roll out a double layer of toilet paper large enough to fit on a hoop making sure the tp is folded under to lay on the hoop, extend the roll of paper far enough to allow hoop to go on sewing machine (handle very carefully, giving plenty of room for the hoop to move). I layered heavy/med weight stabilizer, toilet paper (2 layers) then wash away stabilizer on top (clear, see through type). Center your design and sew (make sure design will fit within edges of toilet paper. When finished, carefully remove from hoop, trim stabilizers to edges of tp. Roll back onto roll. Tear washaway from around edges of design (do this very, very carefully, holding down the edges of the design as you tear to keep from tearing the tp. Wrap in Saran Wrap and decorate package as you desire. Have fun - they are unique conversation pieces!! I am attaching pics of more options I made.

Other TP Ideas
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197521[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-197515.jpe