View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:06 PM
craftyone27

[quote=QuiltswithConvicts][quote=Fabric Galore]
This weekend, I got all 36 blocks ready to actually start stitching. I have been doing one step completely before going on to the next step. Since I'm using freezer paper. I had to trace out the pieces on that & then cut them out. I "cheated" as I layered & stapled together enough sheets so as to only needed to draw & cut once for 4 pieces. Each block is living in its own gallon zipper bag with the enlarged print-out, the background square & an envelope with all the freezer paper pieces. Now all freezer paper pieces have been ironed to their respective fabric choices & cut out. I am now ready to baste down the seam allowance & stitch the blocks!!!

Kathy, Let me know how you do with the freezer paper method when you do block 17 or 20. I am having trouble using FP method on the smallest scrolls - I am finding I don't have enough fabric to baste on the inner sections of the scrolls by the round portion in the little crook space. When I snip that little section there isn't enough fabric left on the round side or the long skinny side to turn under and bast. Hope that makes some sense. Look forward to your suggestions on what to do with this.