Old 05-16-2011, 04:03 AM
toadmomma

I think you are doing a great job. Just attempting something different is a pat on the back, your out of your confort zone, so your are starting to second guess yourself and defeating the purpose, of creative freedom,( the picture does not have to be recreated exactly unless you want it to,) learning something new that can be applied to other things including quilts etc. and the most important one have fun and enjoy the process. keep going thought I feel it will be a wonderful work of art, you might not in the end but remember it is a class and you are learning new things, and each new peice you make will improve. Keep going. Now her is my opinion of what I do when Im dooing a pic or something new, I do two one is the practice where, hopefully all the mistakes and stuff i dont like fall, then theres the other that comes closer to what im trying to acheive, on yours Ill ask why you put one color on the front of the building and then another on the side? when the building is all one. Why is the back ground mountains light, you could have used a muted of greens and then put some of tha fine tulle over it and it would have muted the color more and made it look misty. Just some hints that I would have done, its in the contrasting colors and what your trying to acheive. DEB