View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i'm sure somewhere in my 53 years there is one that could be considered...the best- as for the worst--2011!!!
so far in 5 1/2 months i have been hit with so many different things...i have had years where there was (something) that made it the worst event of my life (to that point) like the year my daughter died, or the year i was fighting for custody of a son...
but those year's i dealt with one, hard situation...this year...it just keeps coming from every direction....and it started on new years eve...i've reached the point where when my phone rings i sit and look at it...and finally with shaking hands timidly pick it up and say hello...
case in point...this past week -- close family friend...been there as long as i can remember- passed away on sunday...closest younger brother passed away on friday, and received a call last night- closest uncle (the one who was the closest thing i had to a father) will probably be gone before i can get off work and get there today...
and this hasn't been the worst week of the year so far...
if i survive 2011 i will be amazed...and amazingly strong...because i must be gaining extra-ordinary strength dealing with each new day's events...makes me not want to think about what could possibly be next...