Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 AM
pjnesler

Originally Posted by catrancher
I'm taking a class from Quilt University--no complaints about the class so far. I'm just not very happy with the quilt I'm making. What do you think is wrong with this? Are my fabrics too busy? Something else? Am I putting in too much? Not enough? I'm thinking it will improve when I add thread embellishment to define some things, but will it improve enough that I'll be happy with it?

I'm giving you a picture of the image I'm working from--a little stone house I saw while traveling in Italy--followed by my so-called quilt interpretation.

I've never considered myself very artistic, and I'm feeling pretty discouraged by this. I'm only about 1/3 finished with it, obviously. Any constructive feedback would be appreciated.
I like what you've done so far, you'r thread work will really enhance the whole piece, would you consider a different fabric option for the foreground grass? maybe not such a literal grass pattern and more marbled greens that you'd enhance with your threads? Can't wait for the finished product - I've done a few art quilts, and will post some soon, the fun part for me is definatly in the freemotion art work! :thumbup: :lol: