View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 AM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

I decided to purchase my longarm to start my business as well as doing my own quilts. After trying to do large size quilts in my small sewing machine I knew I had to do something else.

We shopped around (DH and I) and attended the AQS show in Knoxville, TN last summer. We tested several and were most impressed with the Nolting.
We we VERY impressed with the customer service from the rep and since our purchase with continued service and contact with them. We have had not issues with the machine.

We went with the Fun Quilter with stitch regulator on a 12' steel frame with hydraulics. I can do any size quilt including King size.

We also purchased the SideSaddle computer system and I have very happy with that.

I do computer designs as well as free motion work and often combine the two.

We are in TN but if you lived closer or are going to be in our area you can drop by for a demo! Just let me know first.

Tip --- test several out before you buy. Ask questions. Other people like other machines. Each one is different.

If you get one you will need to Practice on lots of scrap material. Don't expect to be perfect the first time out.