Thread: Scary, Scary
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 AM
grandma pepsi

I have been quilting for about an hour this morning. All of a sudden, the foot control doesn't want to work right. When I push it down, it will only make two stitches and then won't go any more. I let up on the control, push it down again, and get two more stitches. I'm thinking 'uho' the control is bad. Then I think, it shouldn't be. The machine isn't that old. So, (I say to myself) what else could be wrong? It has a computer chip in it and I'm not a computer literate person, so OK that's probably my problem. I don't want to pay $90 just to walk in the door of the repairman, so let's try a few more things. Even though I had been sewing, I wondered if it could be threaded wrong. Cut the thread at the top by the spool and started pulling it through from the bottom. Uho, it was very, very tight. Somehow the thread was in a bind. Turning the wheel, I gently tried to coax the thread out; but, you might know, it broke. Now I'm thinking there is a piece caught somewhere inside and I'm really going to have to take it in for repairs. BUT, there is hope. GOD takes care of fools like me. I turned the machine Off and then back on and WALLA, it works fine. The Lord blesses me every day. I just need to thank Him for all of them.